On day two Cheryl Richardson, one of my fave coaches, delivered the keynote address. Part motivational, part practical advice to the over 1,200 coaches who packed the San Jose McEnery Convention Center, she shared her sometimes bumpy path to success.
Intended for coaches in various stages of business development, Cheryl’s key learning could just as easily apply to corporate engineers, marketeers, finance analysts, entrepreneurs, as well as college students.
- Set realistic expectations
- Continue to educate yourself
- Courage to reinvent yourself
- Ability to persevere and rebound
- Choose something your heart feels
- Bold pursuit of your passions
Set realistic expectations
One of my clients, a senior manager in her late forties, was antsy about leaving the corporate nest to start-up her own business.